Miro Forestry is a FSC certified vertically integrated, sustainable forestry and timber products business centered in West Africa. The company operates forestry plantations in Ghana and Sierra Leone having commenced planting in 2010. The company is focused on fast-growing, high-yield plantation timber for the production of sawn timber, utility poles, plywood, and energy biomass, for local and regional markets. The company mixes commercial plantation forestry with the protection and regeneration of indigenous tree species and the promotion of biodiversity and environmentally sustainable land-use management.
Investment date: 2018
Forestal Apepú is a timber production business, fully owned by Arbaro, located in the San Pedro region in Paraguay. The company acquired land previously used for agricultural purposes and now produces high quality timber for local sawn wood and plywood markets. On a quarter of the company’s land, there is natural forest which is under protection to ensure regeneration. Remaining pasture land is leased to local cattle farmers.
Investment date: 2019
- Miro - ESIA Information package
- Miro - ESIA Annex 2
- Miro - ESIA Annex 3
- Miro - ESIA Annex 4
- Miro - ESIA Annex 5
- Miro - ESIA Annex 6
- Forestal Apepu - ESIA Information package
- Forestal Apepu - ESIA Paquete de informacion
- Forestal Apepu - ESIA Updated information package
- Forestal Apepu - ESIA Paquete de informacion actualizado
- Forestal San Pedro - ESIA Information package
- Forestal San Pedro - ESIA Paquete de informacion